About Our Marina
Lynn Creek Marina Facts:
- Joe Pool Lake – a 7,500 acre flood control lake built and operated by the Army Corp of Engineers. The Lake was filled in 1989. We are fortunate to have our lake 100% full of water at all times.
- The Lake is named for former Congressman, Joe Pool, who represented this district from 1963 until his death in 1968.
- Lynn Creek Marina, Ltd. was built and began operations on July 13, 1990 with 258 wet slips, 40 dry storage slips, a ships store and a service center. The marina has been expanded twice since then bringing the total of wet slips to 514, and adding a 450 seat restaurant, “the Oasis”, in the year 1992.
- Lynn Creek Marina and the Oasis Restaurant employ on an average of 100 people.
- The marina is a family owned and operated facility.
- Lynn Creek Marina is in the political jurisdictions of the City of Grand Prairie, Tarrant County and the Mansfield Independent School District
- Joe Pool is an urban lake between Dallas and Fort Worth, and is located within 30 miles of over 5,000,000 people